In this episode, host Brock Yordy rolls out a sequel to the interview with well guru Edd Schofield, regional sales manager for Johnson Screens, recorded for Driller Newscast 83, Scary Wells from Hell (and What You Can Do). In this segment, they get deep on PAC polymers and well construction. Come for the expert knowledge on groundwater wells, stay for the deep perspective on the industry.
“No different than energy costs, water costs are escalating,” Schofield says. “It’s meeting its actual value, and we’re going to have to re-evaluate many things that we’re looking at right now. But from a groundwater standpoint, we want to be true to what we do, we want to do the very best things we possibly can and make sure that our side of the street is clean.”
This episode covers:
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics’ annual Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries
- The recent settlement over pollution in Ohio’s Maumee River watershed
- Micro- and nanoplastics in bottled water
- Water treatment and WHO health recommendations on microplastics
- PAC polymers
- Solids control
- Groundwater well construction
- Waters of the United States (WOTUS)
▶ Watch now
▶ Listen now
Click the right-hand menu for download options
Thanks for joining us. Tune in each Monday morning for the latest video or podcast. Whether you’re at your desk or on the way to the jobsite listening in the truck, start your week with us. You can also find our show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Drilling expert Brock Yordy is a regular The Driller contributing writer. Send news tips and interview suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.