In episode 17, anchor Brock Yordy covers two of the most serious topics affecting the drilling and groundwater industry (and, really, anyone who relies on water to live): PFAS and drought.
This episode covers:
- How drillers, construction workers can avoid heat-related illnesses
- The importance of hydration for drillers, construction workers
- “Water, rest, shade” for working in heat
- EPA health advisories for PFAS, other “forever chemicals”
- Proposed EPA standards for PFAS, PFOA
- Increasing severity of droughts
- The economic impact of drought in the western U.S., other areas
- How drought affects vulnerable populations, crops and livestock
- The importance of water conservation
▶ Watch now
▶ Listen now
Thanks for joining us. Tune in each Monday morning for the latest video or podcast. Whether you’re at your desk or on the way to the jobsite listening in the truck, start your week with us. You can also find our show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Drilling expert Brock Yordy is a regular The Driller contributing writer. Send news tips and interview suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This episode of The Driller Newscast is brought to you by TDH Manufacturing.