The Water Systems Council, the only national nonprofit organization solely focused on household wells and small water well systems, recently announced its board of directors for 2021.
Dan Story, Vice President of Groundwater/Irrigation at Grundfos, will serve as president. Story has worked for Grundfos for over 16 years and is the third generation in his family to work in the groundwater industry.
At Grundfos Pumps, Story has served as the vice president of sales for the Groundwater/Irrigation business in the U.S. since 2012. This year, he assumes his new position as vice president for business development, with responsibility for global business development for Water Intake. Prior to Grundfos, Story was in distribution in Florida for 10 years.
Other positions include:
- Matt Servant, regional sales manager at Pentair, will serve as vice president.
- Treasurer will be Mark Heflin, vice president of product marketing at Franklin Electric Co. Inc.
- Chris Kampf, director of product innovation at Amtrol Inc., will serve as secretary.
- The distributor member will remain Mark Ball, president of Milby Company.
In addition, two new members will join the board: Chris Herron of Xylem Inc. and Mike Wesdell with Baker Manufacturing Company LLC. Herron started out as a Territory Manager for Goulds Pumps in 1998 and currently serves as director of sales – Residential and Ag. Wesdell is the southwest territory sales manager for Baker.
Other 2021 Board Members include:
- Steve Anderson, president, Merrill Manufacturing Co.
- Bo Andersson, president of Flomatic Corporation
- Gerry Duggan, executive vice president of sales and marketing at Flexcon Industries
- Richard Mest, president of Master Water Conditioning Corporation
- And Robin Irwin, operations manager at Murray Drilling
The Water Systems Council works to protect groundwater and to ensure private well users in the United States have safe, reliable drinking water. For more information, visit www.watersystemscouncil.org.