The Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) has opened its doors to nominations for this year’s GRC Awards. The deadline for candidate submissions is June 19.
“The recipients of these awards often have a lifetime of achievement in the academic, scientific and commercial geothermal communities,” says Steve Ponder, GRC executive director. “These awards are considered among the most prestigious in the geothermal community.”
The annual awards, a staple of the geothermal industry calendar, recognize members of the geothermal community from around the world.
- The Joseph W. Aidlin Award, which recognizes outstanding contributions to the GRC and to the development of geothermal resources.
- The Geothermal Pioneer Award, honoring outstanding, lasting achievements in geothermal resource development.
- The Henry J. Ramey Jr. Geothermal Reservoir Engineering Award, for outstanding achievements in the field of geothermal reservoir engineering.
- The Ben Holt Geothermal Power Plant Award, in honor of outstanding achievements in geothermal power plant design and construction.
- The Special Achievement Award, for special or outstanding achievements in any aspect of geothermal energy development and related areas.
The award winners will be honored at the GRC Awards Luncheon at this year’s GRC Annual Meeting in Reno, Nev., from Sep. 20-30. To learn more about the GRC or to nominate a geothermal professional, visit www.geothermal.org.