Host Brock Yordy has a full slate this week. First, we have a reminder on hearing safety. Then we go to this year’s National Drilling Association convention, and talk to Jeff Garby of Alucast. Last up, in this week’s feature segment, the host talks about the intersection of groundwater and beer.
“Today, breweries are influencing the global population to understand that recycled water is the future and it’s a piece, because we need to be as much zero discharge as we possibly can,” Yordy says. “They’re doing this through revolutionary water recycling systems. It’s what we need. If we look in Colorado, Arizona or California right now, there are all breweries showing that we can use recycled water.”
This episode covers:
- Hearing conservation for drilling, construction professionals
- Tinnitus and other hearing impairments
- Reducing the risk of noise exposure
- The age gap in drilling and construction fields
- Sharing knowledge with the industry
- Contributing to The Driller and other industry sources
- Water’s role in beer production
- Responsible water use in brewing, other commercial processes
Thanks for joining us. Whether you’re at your desk or on the way to the jobsite listening in the truck, start your week with us.
▶ Watch now
▶ Listen now
Click the right-hand menu for download options
Thanks for joining us. Tune in each Monday morning for the latest video or podcast. Whether you’re at your desk or on the way to the jobsite listening in the truck, start your week with us. You can also find our show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Drilling expert Brock Yordy is a regular The Driller contributing writer. Send news tips and interview suggestions to email@example.com.