Ditch Witch showcases some of its latest horizontal directional drill (HDD) tooling at the Underground Construction Technology International Conference and Exhibition. Source: The Charles Machine Works
The Ditch Witch organization showcased some of its latest horizontal directional drill (HDD) tooling at the Underground Construction Technology (UCT) International Conference and Exhibition, held Jan. 28-30 in Houston.
The UCT International Conference and Exhibition is an event that focuses on the total underground infrastructure—trenchless, open cut, new construction and rehabilitation. Ditch Witch HDD tooling featured at this year’s UCT show will include:
• Full Line SaverLok System. The company’s most advanced saver sub is now compatible with all Ditch Witch horizontal directional drills from the JT20 to the JT100 Mach 1, including All Terrain drills. The SaverLok System provides quick and secure protection against wear and tear on the drill pipe and drive system. With the SaverLok system, no special tools and no overnight downtime are required.
• TriHawk HD housings. With the introduction of a 2.75-inch housing compatible with Ditch Witch JT1220 Mach 1 and JT922 directional drills, TriHawk HD housings are now available in five sizes and compatible with all Ditch Witch and Vermeer directional drills. TriHawk HD housings feature a patented, boltless pinned lid system that gives electronics the ultimate in protection.
• TriHawk VI drill bit. The newest member of the original TriHawk drill bit family, the TriHawk VI is designed to allow a quick and easy change when soil conditions change to medium or hard rock formations. TriHawk VI offers exclusive cutting and steering capabilities for drilling in hard rock with a single-pipe drilling system.
• Rockmaster housing. Designed for the Ditch Witch JT30 All Terrain directional drill, the more durable Rockmaster housing features a heavier bearing design, higher-strength door, easy serviceability and high-flow capability. The Rockmaster accepts the Ditch Witch TXU beacon as well as 15-inch DCI Electronics.
• Power Pipe HD. Compatible with all original Power Pipe, Power Pipe HD is a high tensile strength pipe. A special manufacturing process includes heat-treating to reduce scarring and scratching. Power Pipe features wear-indicating grooves on the outside diameter of the tool joint.
• Power Pipe Forged and Power Pipe Forged HXT drill pipe. With the release of these two pipe models, the company now offers a complete line of forged pipe for both Ditch Witch and Vermeer directional drills. Power Pipe Forged and Power Pipe Forged HXT drill pipe feature blended grade steel that is heat-treated to be harder, more abrasion-resistant and more resistant to bending.
For more information about Ditch Witch HDD tooling, visit www.ditchwitch.com. For more information about the UCT show, visit www.uct2014.com.
Ditch Witch brand directional drills, trenchers and other products are manufactured by The Charles Machine Works at a facility in Perry, Okla. The family-owned company, founded in 1949, focuses on three principles: honesty, hard work and giving customers the best product in the world.
Report Abusive Comment