“Our work to develop Atlas Copco in a sustainable and profitable way is yielding results,” says Annika Berglund, senior vice president corporate communications at Atlas Copco. “This long-standing effort was further enhanced last year with the introduction of a range of new goals. We are proud to see this development recognized on the Global 100 list.”
Global 100 rankings are compiled following a review of about 4,000 developed and emerging market companies and their key performance indicators, including revenue in relation to use of energy and water.
The inclusion near the top of the Global 100 list adds to a litany of awards Atlas Copco has received in the last year recognizing the company’s efforts to establish and incorporate manufacturing policies, practices and programs that foster environmental well-being and industry innovation. Within the last 12 months, Atlas Copco has been included among:
- Thomson Reuters’ Top 100 Global
Innovators – A list of the world’s 100 most innovative companies.
- Newsweek’s Green Rankings, No. 161 among global companies, No. 15 among Capital Goods companies and third among companies with headquarters in Sweden;
- Forbes magazine named Atlas
Copco No. 67 among the Top 100 most innovative companies in the world;
- Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for 2011;
- The Patent Board of Global Industrial Equipment Manufacturers – for the quality of the Atlas Copco patent portfolio.