Numerous practical workshops, an extensive technical conference and a highly successful exposition are among the key elements making the National Ground Water Association's Ground Water Expo (also known as the National Convention) a must-attend event in the ground water industry. The 2001 Expo will be held Dec. 7-9 in Nashville, and professionals from all walks of the ground water industry will converge on the Nashville Convention Center for Expo activities. Some highlights of the event will include:
* Annual Meeting and Conference of the Association of Ground Water Scientists and Engineers. The conference is titled "Groundwaterdata.net-Ground Water Data: Collection, Reliability, Access, and Manipulation of Basic Data." Session topics include geophysical data, current status and availability of ground water data derived from well permits, future directions, water quality monitoring, GIS, ground water withdrawal, hydraulic testing and application of basic hydrologic data to assess water supply alternatives. G. Tracy Mehan III, assistant administrator of water for the Environmental Protection Agency, has been invited to speak.
- More than 20 practical workshops on topics including chemical rehabilitation of wells, politics, chlorine and bacterial testing, constant pressure water systems, developing public policy based on sound science, arsenic, and drilling fluids, grouting, and sealing.
- Keynote speaker Dr. John Paling, Emmy Award-winning producer of wildlife films and management consultant, presenting, "Up to Your Armpits in Alligators? - Understanding Risks and Building Resiliency."
- The free President's Dinner, where NGWA awards will be presented and "The Construction Comic," Carmen Ciricillo, a Discovery Channel regular, will entertain.
- General Membership Meeting and Breakfast.
- NGWA Certification exams.
- More than 10 practical workshops covering such topics as vertical turbine pumps, horizontal directional drilling, business valuation, environmental challenges and more.
- And, of course, the Exposition, featuring more than 200 exhibitors from all segments of the ground water industry displaying the latest equipment and technology, and discussing their varied services and products.
Easy on-line registration and details on NGWA's Ground Water Expo, including the full schedule of workshops and the AGWSE Annual Meeting and Conference, are available at www.NGWA.org. The site also offers information on exhibitors and exhibiting, a virtual exhibit hall, information on lodging, links to Nashville-area attractions, and abstracts for the conference presentations. Register anytime now through Oct. 31 and get the discounted early-registration fee: $55 for NGWA members, $55 for NGWA member spouses, $150 for prospective members, $150 for prospective-member spouses, and $30 for full-time students. Attendees also can register and get more information by calling the NGWA Customer Service Department at 800-551-7379.