At National Driller, we like to support good industry events. That’s why we’ll again be attending the South Atlantic Well Drillers Jubilee in Myrtle Beach, S.C., on July 25-27. Will you be attending?
It’s a big year for Jubilee – the event’s 60th edition. This is my third one, so I’m a spring chicken in attendee terms. But in my time in the driver’s seat of National Driller, we’ve had some good coverage of the event. I thought I’d some interviews, photos and videos we’ve done with some of the presenters and companies involved. That way, you can be prepped when you get there later this month.
- Last year, I interviewed Mark Reeder of Franklin Electric, which was one of that year’s lead sponsors. Franklin is again involved in a big way this year and Reeder will be giving a presentation on Saturday about trends and opportunities in the industry.
- Speaking of Franklin, I recently interviewed DeLancey Davis, vice president and president of North American Water Systems. He also had some good insights about industry trends.
- Patrick Hogg of Nidec Motor Corp. will present on Sunday. He recently wrote a column for us about upcoming changes to irrigation motor efficiency regulations. He’s contributed to motor standards, so he knows his stuff. He'll speak about those new regulations at Jubilee.
- I also interviewed Hogg last year about an update to Nidec’s vertical motor lineup.
- Margaret Martens, executive director of the Water Systems Council, spoke to National Driller about that group’s non-profit Water Well Trust initiative to bring clean water to underserved parts of the United States. Marten’s plans to talk at Jubilee about the Water Supply Cost Savings Act.
- If you want to see a roundup of pictures from last year’s event, check out our gallery here. I think we’ll probably do a new gallery for 2015, so stay tuned for that.
- And, last but not least, Geoprobe will be on-hand at Jubilee again for the outside demos. We interviewed Geoprobe’s Lee Shaw at the recent Florida Ground Water Association show, and you can see that video, which focuses on pre-packed screen monitoring wells, here.
We hope you get to attend the 2015 Jubilee. It’s a good event at a great venue. If you do, stop by Booth 823. It’s your chance to introduce yourself and tell us what we’re doing right and where we can get better.
Stay safe out there, drillers.
Report Abusive Comment