In this episode, we wrap up our interview with Jesse Richardson, legal advisor to the Water Systems Council. Richardson and anchor Brock Yordy discuss WOTUS, Western drought, and the Sackett vs. EPA case before the U.S. Supreme Court, as well as other water and groundwater issues important to the industrial drilling and water supply industries. It’s episode 32.
“We need, as an industry, to be at the table when these rules are being made,” Richardson says. “We can’t always be reacting. We have to be proactive.”
The court was scheduled to start hearing arguments in Sackett vs. EPA on Oct. 3, 2022.
This episode covers:
- Minimizing driving risks for drilling, construction work
- The importance of stopping distance for heavy-duty vehicles
- The impact of weather, distractions on driving
- The top 5 states for irrigated farmland in the U.S.
- The changing definitions of Waters of the United States (WOTUS)
- How to be proactive on issues important to the groundwater industry
- The Sackett vs. EPA case before the Supreme Court
- Legal and policy issues in groundwater in 2022
▶ Watch now
▶ Listen now
Click the right-hand menu for download options
Thanks for joining us. Tune in each Monday morning for the latest video or podcast. Whether you’re at your desk or on the way to the jobsite listening in the truck, start your week with us. You can also find our show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Drilling expert Brock Yordy is a regular The Driller contributing writer. Send news tips and interview suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.