Like any technology, drill rigs evolve. Tom Moffitt had a front-row seat to that evolution in his years in sales and product line management at Atlas Copco (now Epiroc). His experience spans water well, mining and geothermal. We brought him on episode 44 of Drilling In-Site discuss the innovations in drilling rig technology he’s seen in his 20-plus years in the industry.
“A lot of my job was traveling out to the field and meeting with customers and trying to learn, what where their pain points? How could we help them improve the rig from a productivity and safety point of view?
This episode covers topics like:
- Engineering and manufacturing drilling rigs and other construction equipment
- Recent safety changes to drilling rigs
- Recent production changes to drilling rigs
- Tier-4 Final and other engine changes
- Drilling rig pricing
- Changes in the drilling rig market since 2000
- Changes in drilling rig, construction equipment development
- Air rotary drilling
- Lifecycle management of heavy construction equipment, prototype to launch
- The size of the “addressable” water well market in the United States
Check out today’s episode to hear more. Watch the video here or listen to the audio version of our conversation at www.thedriller.com/insite-podcast. You can also find our show on Apple Podcasts. Search for Drilling In-Site, then hit Subscribe.
Our conversation with Moffitt continues. Tune in for episode 45 where we talk customization for different geographies and current supply chain challenges.
Working on an interesting project or have industry wisdom to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a guest spot on Drilling In-Site.
Report Abusive Comment