In this edition of Drill Talks, we talk to Bob Lilland, field service engineer with Franklin Electric. Lilland has a wealth of groundwater pump and motor experience, but we wanted to get technical here. How can you optimize a large groundwater pump system so that it sips energy while delivering on flow?
“When you get into the bigger motors — you’re talking 100 horsepower — that’s a lot of power consumption there. So if we can look for opportunities to save electricity, be a little greener and save a little bit of money on that consumption, that’s a win for everybody.”
Lilland says these strategies are particularly effective for serving larger irrigation or municipal clients.
“There’s a point where that energy savings will pay for the whole thing down the road,” he adds.
This episode covers:
- Green energies like solar and geothermal
- Groundwater well pump efficiency
- Magnet motor technologies for groundwater pumps
- Irrigation, municipal and other high-capacity wells
- Cutting energy consumption for groundwater pumps
This episode of Drill Talks is brought to you by Franklin Electric.