When companies want to improve their safety edge, they call people like Greg Safran of Pennsylvania-based consultant SafT Integration. We met the “chief SafT officer” at the recent 2022 National Drilling Association convention in Pittsburgh. Safran and SafT Integration help companies with hiring, training, reporting and compliance — the whole safety lifecycle. It’s Drilling In-Site episode 47.
“You can’t afford not to have a safety program that’s top quality,” Safran says. “Most times … if you really step back and think about it, your most expensive asset is your people.”
We brought Safran on for a wide-ranging talk about all things safety. This episode covers topics like:
- Balancing safety measures versus costs in drilling and construction
- Preventing common drilling and construction injuries
- Personal protective equipment
- Insurance implications of injuries
- Reporting and documentation for drilling, construction incidents to state, federal agencies
- How to give high-impact toolbox talks
- Cannabis legalization and the construction industry
Check out today’s episode to hear more. Watch the video here or listen to the audio version of our conversation at www.thedriller.com/insite-podcast. You can also find our show on Apple Podcasts. Search for Drilling In-Site, then hit Subscribe.
Working on an interesting project or have industry wisdom to share? Email email@example.com to be considered for a guest spot on Drilling In-Site.
Report Abusive Comment