The new InSite Productivity Tools package from Vermeer is being introduced to horizontal directional drilling (HDD) contractors to streamline and simplify the entire job process. That includes everything from planning to invoicing, ultimately allowing drilling contractors to more easily document project work.
“Project owners are demanding more information, which is making the current planning and record-keeping processes complicated and messy,” says Jon Kuyers, senior global product manager, Underground for Vermeer. “InSite Productivity Tools eliminate the old manual, on-paper method and provide an accurate, electronic-documented record of the entire project, which helps expedite invoicing.”
By combining documentation, bore planning, data collection and remote monitoring components, InSite Productivity Tools can help contractors better manage business from planning to mapping and producing to invoicing. The tools can be used individually or work together seamlessly. They can be accessed by multiple parties, making collaborative work and real-time information sharing possible.
InSite Productivity Tools include the following components, which can be used individually or as a bundle:
- InSite Fleet and InSite Fleet Edge: InSite Fleet provides fleet and operations managers with the GPS location of machines to better locate and route equipment and crews to the jobsite. InSite Fleet Edge conveys actionable machine information including productivity tracking, maintenance prioritization, fuel savings estimation and project time management for operators and fleet managers. It also consolidates a log of relevant machine data such as forces, pressures and flows.
- InSite Projects:This planning tool is used to map jobsites and plan bores using an application that can be accessed via a computer, tablet or smartphone. All project data can reside in one repository and be shared electronically with project owners and inspectors to speed up approvals.
- InSite Mapping:A GPS-enabled mapping application is used to white-line or mark a proposed bore path accurately and help document the position of existing utilities. Data is entered into InSite Projects to generate a bird’s-eye view of proposed and existing utility lines or landmarks.
- InSite BoreAid Design Tool: A planning and design software package that guides the user through a bore planning process using soil information, product type and properties, physical obstacles and other key elements to provide a comprehensive understanding of feasibility and identify issues that may arise during a drilling operation. The tool gives the user a precise and detailed plan in line with industry standards and best practices to complete a drilling operation.
- InSite BoreAssist: Developed in collaboration with Digital Control Incorporated (DCI), this on-rig application allows a bore plan to be viewed on the DCI Auroradisplay, eliminating the need for paper plans. Locate data is logged from the DCI F5 locator directly into the application.Userssimply load the bore plan into the Aurora display and then can follow the rod-by-rod plan.
From bid to bill, InSite Productivity Tools offer a set of applications to help underground contractors better plan, map, produce, invoice and manage HDD projects — all leading to less paper and real-time access to the vital information they need in the office or field to make critical decisions. InSite Productivity Tools will be available in early 2016 through the Vermeer global dealer network.
Vermeer Corporation manufactures underground construction, surface mining, tree care, environmental and agricultural equipment. The equipment is backed by localized customer service and support provided by independent dealers around the world. To learn more, visit www.vermeer.com.
Report Abusive Comment